Let’s see, a brief history of the Jews:
- Abraham is chosen by Jehovah to start a new race of Jehovah’s special people and they are sent to destroy the inhabitants of an already populated Canaan and to make it their own.
- Famine drives the Jews to Egypt where they become slaves
- Moses leads them back to Canaan and they form kingdoms that fight each other in centuries of civil war.
- Babylonians carry the Israelites off into slavery.
- Freed by Persian King Cyrus some Jews return to Judah.
- Egypt again rules Israel.
- Syrians rule Israel
- Maccabees revolt but only rule for short time
- Roman Empire controls Palestine
- Jews revolt again Romans who destroy the Second Temple and Jews scattered over another diaspora
- Expulsion of Jews during the Middle Ages
- Hitler kills 6 million Jews
So, if this is what you get being CHOSEN by that god, I say “no thanks”.
As a note: This notion of “being chosen”, of being special, of being set aside, of being called, can give one confidence and strength, but it can also lead to isolation, snobbishness and smugness. But probably more than that, it is pure nonsense — noone is chosen !