Imagine an acquaintance …
- who is a non-believer but who is interested in examining your beliefs1
- but who is only mildly interested and doesn’t want a large commitment
- they want to understand your faith from your perspective
Consider developing a Short Curriculum for this person that, after completing it, you feel they will have sufficient knowledge to reject, accept or criticize your beliefs in an informed way. To this end supply:
- READINGS: List 3-4 books or a series of web pages or articles
- EXERCISES: List 2-3 actions that such a person may be willing to try.
It will be fun to see what we all recommend.
1. Beliefs, in this case can be anything from faith, philosophy, religion, etc… It can be those of religious folks, political philosophies, medical philosophies, world views and atheists perspectives.