Nate, over at “Why Nate Left“, put up this list of ways Christians will misrepresent an Atheist’s Skepticism. Below Nate’s list I have tried to make a list for Christians, or other believers, explaining how they may feel they are typically misunderstood. Please suggest other things misunderstanding for either list and I will add them !
Ways Theists will misunderstand your Skepticism
- You are angry with God
- Your heart is hardened to the Truth
- You have been deceived by Satan
- You gave up your search too early and too easily.
- You want the freedom that comes from a godless life more than you want god.
- You are confused or ignorant
- You are an angry, militant atheist
- You want to be God
Ways Atheists will misunderstand your Faith
- Your beliefs are all blind faith
- You are simple minded
- You can’t do or don’t know any science
- You still live with your parents
- You are blissfully self-deceptive
- You have a comfortable, unchallenged life
- You are a recalcitrant bigot
- You are fearful of the Truth
- You aren’t imaginative enough to let go of your security blanket
Note: The pic is of the Japanese Characters for “Misunderstanding”, Go-Kai – “Mistake-Solution”.