This is an index of posts related to the Mahabharata — one of Hinduism’s great epics.
Reader’s Guide to “Jaya: An illustrated retelling of the Mahabharata”
Mahabharata Supplemental Background
- Mahabharata Sources
- Hindu Scriptures: Popularity and Length
- Diagram of the Kuru Dynasty
- Hindu Gods
- Divine Slaughter: the Bible and the Mahabharata
- Karna: a basket baby like Moses & Sargon
- A Hindu Atheists: tells his experience with the great myths
- Oral Tradition & Locked Myths: two principles while looking at the Mahabharata and the Ramayana
- Other Posts on Hinduism
- Comparative Studies Insights
Purposes of this Series:
- Mythology: The Mahabharata is full of fantastic myths. In the West, our myths and illusions are mainly to Greek, Biblical or Shakespeare stories. I wish we could add Hindu allusions, they are so rich!
- Hinduism: To help others learn about Hinduism
- Comparative Religion: To include comparative religious information. Learning about more than one religion and comparing them is a very good way to start and understand the religious nature of humans. See my Comparative Studies post.