An expat reader of this blog who lives in China has informed me that about two weeks ago the Chinese blocked Triangulations on their internet. Oh the horror! I have lost billions of potential readers. Oh the injustice!
I thought something was up when I noticed a sudden drop in the hits on my “Fart Logic” post which had gone viral about two months earlier. That post uses Chinese characters, so maybe that put me on the Chinese’s radar. But seriously, I can imagine any number of other posts which the Chinese purity police may have not liked:
- Buddhist Hemorrhoids (I discuss the Chinese origin of …)
- Poop Parochialism (OK, a bit too graphic perhaps)
- Tibetan Weather Miracles (ooops, I mentioned Tibet)
- Divination (I talk about several Chinese superstitions)
- Swine Flu & Pareidolia (I mention Chinese keeping pigs)
- Roadkill Theology (ooops, I mentioned Tibet again)
Questions for Readers: Have you ever been banned? So what do you think got me banned? Which of your posts have gone viral?