Title: “Why we believe in god(s): A concise guide to the Science of Faith”
Author: “Andy” Thompson
Publisher: Pitchstone Publishing
Pages: 144 pgs (a tiny easy-to-read book)
This is an index for my upcoming posts on Thompson’s book. I am kind of silly-happy to announce that this is the first time I have received a publisher’s request to review a book. So I have a free book!
Thompson is an staff psychiatrist at the University of Virginia and a trustee at the Richard Dawkins Foundation — Dawkins writes a forward for the book. I am grateful for the gift from Pitchstone Publishing who has a video interview “Andy” Thomson here. Pitchstone Publishing is also in Virginia (not sure if they are connected to the author) and their site says: “Our books endeavor to promote reason and the rational at the expense of superstition and the irrational.”
As readers know, I will not hesitate to be critical, but I am suspecting I will also enjoy the book. If you wish to read along we me and criticize my posts, I would deeply appreciate it –as would the publisher. 🙂
- Thompson’s Sources (coming soon)
- Theories of Religions (coming soon)
- Evolution of Humans (coming soon)
- Fast-Food Analogy Shortcomings (coming soon)
- Book Review (coming eventually)
- Evolution cost me my job: An illustration of my conviction to one of Thomson’s major assumptions: Evolution.