Five days ago I asked readers’ opinions about circumcision. Unfortunately, I was hoping to poll mainly regular readers, but my post got discovered by an anti-circ advocate forum and thus the poll’s data appears hugely skewed. As of this writing, with n=171, the results are:
- 54% want circs illegal !
- 19% are against circumcision but want parental choice
- 19% are undecided
- 7% are pro-circ and want parental choice
The anti-circ advocates offer a valuable voice but with this post I want to question one aspect of that voice: Legality. So, let me offer two polls below to probe the legality issue. In this post I won’t discuss my opinion on this issue, but I invite my dear thoughtful readers to please offer comments addressing what you anticipate these polls are hinting at.
Clarifications (in response to comments):
- by “circumcision“, I mean non-medical necessary infant circumcision.
- by “food choice“, I mean food bought in grocery stores — not drugs, alcohol, poison …
- by “spanking“, I mean to the degree that it is not doing significant physical damage