Following are a few of my preferences for WordPress bloggers if your are interested. To access these preferences, go to your Dashboard, click “Settings” then click “Discussion”. So here is what I suggest for the “Discussion Settings” page:
- Default article settings:
- Turn off: “(pingbacks and trackbacks)”: they are clutter and spamish.
- Turn off : “attempt to notify any blogs linked to from the article. This is also spamish. Just go comment on their blog if it is important to you.
- Other comment settings:
- Only check “Comment author must fill out name and e-mail”. Stop anonymous commentors.
- DON’T check “enable threaded (nested) comments. These are obnoxious.
- Comment Reply Via Email:
- Check “Enable sending comment replies via email”. This is crucial.
- Follow Comments:
- Check “Show a ‘follow comments’ option in the comment form”. This is crucial.
- Follow Blog:
- Don’t check this. It clutters the comment form and tricks people to follow your blog when they only intended to follow your thread on that comment.
Be sure to click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
Question to readers: What do you think?