The ways people use their languages and religions have many things in common. Looking at these comparisons help us see deep shared structures of both — that is, their common origin: the human mind.
I’ve done many posts on linguistic (the study of language), and this is a sub-index of posts I’ve done which make explicit what I find to be uncanny similarities between our languages and our religions.
- Prescriptivists: Language & Religious
- Expats & the Unchurched
- Thinking in a Foreign Tongue changes your Morality
- The Primitive Bias: language & religion
- Language & Religion as Decorations
- Relativism in Language & Religion
- Uniqueness Myth : people think their religion & languages are specially unique