My Blog’s Purpose
This blog started out largely addressing both religious and atheist fanaticism. But recently I write mostly on other areas of interest including: philosophy, psychology, medicine and language, ethics, poetry, politics and more. In all things, I always enjoy seeking connections, patterns and wonder.
I love writing about my explorations and thoughts. And in all things, I try to “triangulate” between different methods in order to arrive at a wider view. My methods are playful, analytic, artistic, irreverent, skeptical, pragmatic and much more — for I am many people (see my Whitman quote in the sidebar).
Navigating life is complicated and is safer when we check our choices against many trusted and tested sources. All our beliefs are biased by our emotions, our dispositions and our experiences. For this reason, the more triangulations, the better. Likewise, to truly understand another person’s ideas, it is important to understand their temperament and life experiences. To this end, I include many bibliographic stories on this blog.
Meaning of “Triangulations”
- A Navigation term: a method of locating a point from the angles subtended from three known points.
- A Data analysis term: a method that synthesizes the data from multiple sources.
The Avatar & the Banner
Being playful by nature, I often change this site’s avatar and banner and avatar. My new avatar symbolizes:
- The Sun: For a optimistic playful spirit
- The Navigator & His Sextant: a symbol for triangulations
- The Font: an Arabic-ish font — because I think Arabic script is beautiful. Past ones have been Indic, Chinese-ish and Satanic fonts! Like I said, I am playful.