The image above is meant to capture five ideas:
- Modular Diversity: We are all composed of very different aspects – as should our community. (see my post)
- Epiphenomena: “Atheism” often only appears to those looking for it. It is merely an epiphenomena. (see my post)
- Believing Atheists: My post that explains how we have both inner believers and disbelievers
- Atheist Christians: The fact that even believers are “atheish”: they don’t believe in the gods of others
- Softened Views: Naked Pastor’s “atheish” post suggests a term which helps capture some of the above.
3 responses to “We are all Atheish”
AND it’s a trippy optical effect! Good one!
@ amelie: Thanks! I edited the post today to give a new graphic and explanation which I hope improves the optical message.
This reminded me of a Jewish comedian talking about his heritage.
“We’re a little cagey. We’re not too committed to our views. When someone asks me if I’m a Jew, I say, ‘Well, I’m Jew-ish.’ “